My psychic powers have reached their peak

No language too crude. No topic too obscure.
The one and only section of these forums where anything goes...

My psychic powers have reached their peak

Postby Epic » May 18th, 2013, 11:15 am

It's hard to believe that it's been five years since I discovered my psychic abilities.
Newcomer

Re: My psychic powers have reached their peak

Postby Simion32 » May 18th, 2013, 1:40 pm

The following is strictly my opinion:
Everyone has psychic abilities, but they are buried under a (shadow government indoctrinated) lack of teachings and implied disbelief. To be psychic requires utter belief that it is possible to bend reality without any hidden doubts whatsoever. It is for this reason that some come to call such things hogwash.

I'm willing to say that it is our natural state of being until we are told that the world is physical and unmovable, and our minds impaled with materialism. It is at that point that we loose access to these abilities, and it remains a very strong brick wall against any development. It takes a *lot* of mental work to undo this conditioning.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Tiptup Jr. » May 19th, 2013, 11:14 am

Well, not sure about what Simion said, but I'm a little psychic too. My great great grandparents were gypsies or some crap, I guess.

By the way, I'm back! Time to discuss Donkey Kong! ...oh wait.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Phyreburnz » May 20th, 2013, 3:57 am

Okay... I don't want to upset anybody... but I just have to say something...

Here it is in the lightest way possible.... there is no such thing as psychic abilities. Even if you *do* believe in them, there is the James Randi Educational Foundation that is willing to offer 1 million dollars to anybody that can prove that they are, indeed psychic. You can watch videos of James Randi himself debunking multiple "psychics." If you do end up watching a video, they have the "psychic" do whatever they claim they can do under specific conditions. They usually have the "psychic" perform their feat first without any kind of test (i.e. a "psychic" moving a page in a phone book with just "his mind"), and then they perform the test with some kind of test (i.e. putting packing peanuts around the phone book... the "psychic" can no longer perform his trick because he blew the page open with his breath, so the peanuts would move if he did the test again). The million dollars is still up for grabs. It started as $1000 in 1964. Every single time Randi implements the test, the "psychics" always have some kind of excuse as to why they can no longer perform their trick. James Randi is an illusionist and can spot a fake easily, as he knows all of their tricks.

I really don't enjoy feeling like I have to say something... The Atlas forums are my fun forums that I prefer to stay away from debates about beliefs (which I love to do, but on other forums or in person)... but this is just something that I felt like I had to say.... and I'm trying to not be as blunt as I usually am and I'm trying to not offend anybody... because if I did say it how I want to, I know that somebody would end up coming off upset.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Simion32 » May 20th, 2013, 10:28 am

My rebuttal (again, arguing is going to get us nowhere):

Real psychics wouldn't be famous. Psychic abilities in this realm of existence are not anywhere near as potent as all the crap we are fed in science fiction. There is a difference between a faker (illusionist) who does extreme "effects" for money, and the real thing (truly remarkable claims are usually BS). I don't consider one of those old ladies with the hoop earrings and crystal ball and such to be a real psychic - that's just a very convincing scam.

Most of the things we see on TV are utter garbage anyway and should not be considered real. It's purely for the money and totally *IS* a lie. You *must* discount all occurrences of camera recordings simply because the only valid proof is direct experience of the phenomena.

Also unfortunately, the minds of others nearby will affect experiments like these because doing such things requires a level of concentration that even one egocentric person's presence will break. If you were empathic, you would understand this. I routinely wake up in bed for no reason other than a certain family member walking into the house. My very quality of sleep depends on what this particular other person is doing.

I've only had one very small incident of spinning one of those pieces of paper on a needle (no, there were no wind sources and my hand were not cupped around it - you will just have to trust me on this ;) ). You become "one" with the paper and there is a consciousness shift where you feel like you are the paper (like the feeling in your hand that lets you know "your hand is here" - imagine that feeling being in the paper). Of course, I was only able to hold myself in it for a few seconds.
Image:
Spoiler!

Other than that I've not done anything even remotely notable. I do have lots of this kind of thing happen in my *dreams* though, and I know the thought process of doing it quite well. It just doesn't work here in this reality the vast majority of the time. :roll:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Return to Anything Goes