Near Death Experience Topic

No language too crude. No topic too obscure.
The one and only section of these forums where anything goes...

Near Death Experience Topic

Postby Markster » January 12th, 2012, 7:52 am

Have you almost died before? Discuss it on this topic.

Spoiler!
When I was in first grade, I choked on a sucker, and almost died over loss of air, It was so bad that I turned purple, the teachers would not help me because they did not know CPR, but one knew it, she saved my life, the teacher who saved me was going to make a report about why teachers need CPR, and I was about to get interviewed on the news, but my parents did not let that happen.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Re: Near Death Experience Topic

Postby The Banana Bird » January 12th, 2012, 8:31 am

Ouch, sounds bad. I nearly got swept into the ocean at Fire Island XD them damn waves!
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 7

Postby FalsePower » January 14th, 2012, 7:11 am

Yeah that would suck.

I was deep sea fishing once on my dad's boat and was almost taken out to sea. Our bait got loose (shrimp in a cage tied to the boat) and I stupidly jumped in the water after them. Well the current was too strong so I couldn't swim back and the boat wouldn't start for some reason. By the time they got it started they were smaller than my pinky nail on the horizon.
Tourist
Bananas received 1

Postby Super Luigi! » January 14th, 2012, 11:29 am

Does climbing a mountain count? Or how about roasting our arms in fire? Maybe even not breathing as a baby?
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Markster » January 14th, 2012, 11:47 am

Getting injured doesn't count, you have to almost die, like drowning, getting choked on food, or almost getting hit by a car, that kind of stuff.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Postby Cody » January 18th, 2012, 8:29 pm

Back in July of 2011 I went to the beach with a buddy of mine and, being me, decided to swim out as far as I could. I swam about 150 feet (bad choice!) and got my foot tangled on a big thing of seaweed. Had a big wave not pushed me back to shore at the most opportune moment I probably would've drowned, and nobody would've ever seen me again... :?
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Postby Phyreburnz » January 19th, 2012, 3:39 am

Getting pulled from the undertow at the ocean was one of the factors that made me hate the beach. That happened when I was younger. I didn't black out or anything, but it was scary as f---.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Cody » January 19th, 2012, 8:01 am

I probably would've gotten super spooked had I been younger, but nowadays I don't mind the danger factor of the beach (or anything dangerous at all, really). The way I see it is, when it's my time to go, it's my time to go. Plus getting tangled in seaweed at the beach would be a rather unique cause of death ;)
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Postby Phyreburnz » January 19th, 2012, 8:19 am

Well, it's not JUST the danger thing... I'm actually kind of an adrenaline junky. I hate the beach for the reasons everybody else likes it: the sun, the sand, and the water. I'm super pale, so I burn like crazy (even in the shade), the sand gets EVERYWHERE, and I don't feel like getting saltwater in my cuts... I also don't want to get stung by jellyfish :P
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Chibisai Kong » February 24th, 2012, 3:39 pm

I almost got swept out by the ocean once but the guy whose kid I was playing with saved me. Does that count?
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Mattrizzle » August 13th, 2013, 1:20 am

At about the age of four, my family went on a summer vacation to Florida. In the hotel's kiddie pool, I was playing with one of those squeaky dolphin toys. I accidentally let go of the toy, and it sank to the bottom of the pool. Not knowing any better, I stuck my head underwater without holding my breath. With my airways full of water, I wasn't able to pull my head back up. My dad was supposed to be watching me, but he was in a daze. My seven-year old brother (at the time) was also around, but wasn't able to help. Luckily, a complete stranger found me in time and pulled me out.

22 years later into the present, I still haven't learned how to swim because of this incident...
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 221

Postby Super Luigi! » August 13th, 2013, 10:23 am

Just think of how much worse the Atlas would be if the Grim Reaper did succeed in killing you all. OK then, don't think about it.

As for me, I don't really have any stories, although I refused to breathe three times when I was born. I still don't know if I was adapting to suddenly breathing air, or if I just didn't want to live. Ah well, it's probably the former.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Dixie Diddy » November 9th, 2013, 7:32 am

on time when i was 3-2 (don't remember my age but my parents do) my babysitter wasn't watching me well and I swallowed her pills nothing happened but when my parents got back they saw that I wasn't breathing mt head was purple-ish then the doctors got the pills out but my parents fired the babysitter
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 4

Postby MrsQyzbud » November 10th, 2013, 1:30 am

I've had a ridiculous amount of close calls...

I was in a really serious car accident with my boyfriend of the time, someone pulled out of a side road and into us - it was a Highway so we were going really fast and did a few flips before landing on the roof; somehow I was mostly (apart from a few superficial wounds) okay, Damo (the loser I was dating haha) was not though, the bone in the top of his leg was snapped and he was bleeding really badly so I used my bra to wrap around his leg to stem the bleeding - this worked well as I could use to little clips to keep it tight without holding it. So keep that in mind girls- bras are useful ;)

:shakehead:

Then there was the time I got bitten by a Brown Snake (Google them if you're not sure); they're one of the most venomous snakes in the world....I did not go to hospital because I didn't want to tell my mum that I'd disobeyed her and gone into the paddock when she had specifically told me not to :P

And when I was 16 I got appendicitis and didn't go to hospital straight away- it burst while I was on the operating table!

When I was 14 I got hit by a car and was somehow left uninjured!

There's more -.- but I'm too lazy to write them! haha
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 20

Postby Super Luigi! » November 10th, 2013, 6:06 pm

And Qyzbud was trying to convince me that Australia wasn't dangerous!

As for myself, hmmm. :scratch: I can't think of anything. Honestly, I can't.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby MrsQyzbud » November 11th, 2013, 10:46 am

Don't worry SL, that isn't a bad thing :)
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 20

Return to Anything Goes