What's better AMD or Intel processors

No language too crude. No topic too obscure.
The one and only section of these forums where anything goes...

What's better AMD or Intel processors

Postby aperson98 » September 17th, 2011, 2:11 pm

Well I'm curious about to see what people's opinions are about this. On one hand AMD processors are much cheaper then Intel processors, but don't seem to be as reliable as Intel ones. I myself have had bad luck with a computer with a AMD processor it like to crash every now and then the screen blackouts and if playing sound it will jitter in place :roll: I never seemed to have issues like that with Intel processors therefore I think there better, but that's just my viewpoint.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 3

Re: What's better AMD or Intel processors

Postby Simion32 » October 16th, 2011, 8:37 am

I prefer Intel processors for some unknown reason, but I really have no idea which is better, if at all.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Jomingo » October 17th, 2011, 5:34 am

From my experience, AMD processors are more affordable, but Intel processors are of higher quality. AMD processors tend to have more problems, while Intel are just really well made and issue-free. They're a crap ton more expensive, but you get what you pay for.

That's been my view anyway, can't tell you how accurate it is.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby MadcapTech » March 25th, 2012, 9:20 pm

From what I've seen, and what I know, AMD is usually cheaper, and won't run as quickly or efficiently as Intel processors. Typically if you're building a gaming computer you're probably going to want to lean more towards Intel. Otherwise, either will do the job good enough. From what I also have heard, if you are gaming on a PC, Intel I5/I7's are the way to go.
Tourist
Bananas received 1

Postby Mr.Diddy » August 22nd, 2012, 3:03 pm

aperson98 wrote:Well I'm curious about to see what people's opinions are about this. On one hand AMD processors are much cheaper then Intel processors, but don't seem to be as reliable as Intel ones. I myself have had bad luck with a computer with a AMD processor it like to crash every now and then the screen blackouts and if playing sound it will jitter in place :roll: I never seemed to have issues like that with Intel processors therefore I think there better, but that's just my viewpoint.

No wonder my laptop (the one I am using right now) randomly crashes! :lol: (It started doing it right when I got It which was less than a year ago, especially when I open several programs at once.)
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 4

Return to Anything Goes