Invisibe Sickness

No language too crude. No topic too obscure.
The one and only section of these forums where anything goes...

Invisibe Sickness

Postby Chibisai Kong » August 4th, 2011, 9:31 am

YOU DON'T LOOK SICK...

No I don't. It's hard to explain. It's a daily struggle feeling sick on the inside while you look fine on the outside.

Please put this as your status if you or someone you know has an invisible illness (Epilepsy, Thyroid Disorders, Anxiety, Bi-Polar, Depression, Diabetes, LUPUS, Fibromyalga, Crohn's, MS, Arthritis, Cancer, Graves Disease, Dystolic Disfunction, Migraines, Herniated Disc, etc..)

NEVER TRY TO JUDGE WHAT YOU WON'T UNDERSTAND!

I am unable to tell you HOW many times I've done this on facebook. I have said before that I myself have an invisible illness, and know several people with some themselves(not the epileptics). So come on---speak up if you have one yourself. I'm not trying to force any of you. I just want to know that some one knows the struggle.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Re: Invisibe Sickness

Postby Tiptup Jr. » August 4th, 2011, 2:15 pm

I got effing tinnitus ever since I listened to Lady effing Gaga too effing loud, but honestly I don't care about anyone else's problems.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Chibisai Kong » August 5th, 2011, 8:12 am

Oh wow, sorry to hear that.

And you don't CARE about whether or not other people have problems? Wow, aren't YOU a heartless guy.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby SimianSegue » August 6th, 2011, 8:36 am

Um, I don't know if this counts, but I have ADHD. It is a common misconception that people with ADHD scream and act like total spazzes. While I only have very mild ADHD, I can tell you that very few people with ADHD actually scream and freak out, so I do not want people treating me like I am mentally incompetent or anything. I make straight A's and am proof that even if you have ADHD, you can still be very successful. I have told very few people I have ADHD, but I trust you guys. :D
Trailblazer
Bananas received 4

Postby Chibisai Kong » August 6th, 2011, 10:10 am

It both counts and doesn't count but since it's mild in your case it does.

Usually some people are scared to admit they have an invisible sickness. I'm glad to see that some of us aren't afraid. :)
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Kiddy14 » August 9th, 2011, 12:36 pm

I have Dermatographism.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Kiddy14 » August 11th, 2011, 1:24 pm

Ok, here's a Wikipedia article.

EDIT: lol "Wow!" indeed =P
Expedition Leader