IT GETS BETTER PROJECT (PLEASE READ!)

No language too crude. No topic too obscure.
The one and only section of these forums where anything goes...

IT GETS BETTER PROJECT (PLEASE READ!)

Postby Funkythemainmonkey » May 31st, 2011, 12:32 pm

ATTENTION ALL ATLAS INHABITANTS! HEED MY CALL!
Please join the fight against bullying against GAY, LESBIAN AND BISEXUAL youths! Join the IT GETS BETTER PROJECT AND SPREAD THE WORD! THEY NEED YOUR HELP! It's you that stands between a happy future for them, or a bleak, unhappy one! JOIN TODAY!

http://www.itgetsbetter.org/
Tourist

Re: IT GETS BETTER PROJECT (PLEASE READ!)

Postby Chibisai Kong » May 31st, 2011, 12:59 pm

I have joined this group. After doing so I went on facebook and found its facebook page and posted on the wall. Here is my post:

Spoiler!
"I am a fifteen-year-old girl in high school. Though I am not gay, bi, or lesbian I am fully against the sexual orientational bullying. It shouldn't matter if you like your own gender more than the opposite or if you like them equal---you are still no more a person that straight people. I happen to know at least one person of each of those three and though I'm not sure if they are discriminated against for it I am disappointed that people would actually do this to these kind of people. It shouldn't matter---they're still people. Like the name of this project, it gets better. Some people kill themselves because the discrimination is too much for them so if you are gay, lesbian, or bi and think suicide may be the only way out don't take your own life. The people who discriminate you just think you are a screw up that God made but you know God loves you as much as anyone. Heed these words, and you will see that I agree---it will get better for those of these three sexual orientations. :)"

I cried as I wrote this. :,( That type of bullying---actually any type---is wrong. They are still people too. Those guys who make fun of them are homophobes. When I learn that a person I thought was straight turns out to be gay, bi, or lesbian I still see them the same way I did before.

I want the bullying to stop like all these other people.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Markster » June 1st, 2011, 6:55 am

As a strait 13 year old guy (i will be 14 years old in a week or two), I don't think people should bully people just because they are attracted to there own gender, or attracted to all genders.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Postby Chibisai Kong » June 1st, 2011, 8:13 am

Exactly Markster! :) I'm glad you agree.

Someone on facebook commented on the wall post I put on there saying that I was pretty smart for a fifteen-year-old. I'll just take that as a 'I couldn't agree more'.

And Markster, you're thirteen??? O.o No offense but I thought you were my age! You SEEM that mature!
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Markster » June 1st, 2011, 9:45 am

Chibisai Kong wrote:Exactly Markster! :) I'm glad you agree.

Someone on facebook commented on the wall post I put on there saying that I was pretty smart for a fifteen-year-old. I'll just take that as a 'I couldn't agree more'.

And Markster, you're thirteen??? O.o No offense but I thought you were my age! You SEEM that mature!

Well i'm pretty mature, i don't hate on peoples opinions, i don't cry when little things go wrong, etc.
and also i am smarter than the average 13 year old, you want to know what all i have done that not average kids can do,
well check the spoiler...

Spoiler!
I learned video editing when i was 9 (Windows Movie Maker, I made a great video called Special Movie in late 2006)
I learned how to use the computer when i was 4 (Learned how to browse threw files and play Speedy Eggbert)
I played my first DKC game when i was 5 (First played DKC1, and DKC3)
I learned how to make games when i was 10 (Game Maker)
I learned how to hack games when i was 12 (I made a cool hack of DKC1 in Winter of 2009-2010)
I learned ASM and C++ when i was 13 (Done a SMW hack and made a C++ app)
And the list goes on...
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Postby Funkythemainmonkey » June 1st, 2011, 9:50 am

Thank you for your replies! These poor, unfortunate souls need our help!

Now folks this is very important:
Spoiler!
I'm thinking that I might be bisexual. Please give me advice!
Tourist

Postby Chibisai Kong » June 1st, 2011, 10:09 am

Don't be afraid---just embrace it. You are who you are. Quoting Lady Gaga, you were BORN this way.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Markster » June 1st, 2011, 10:49 am

Chibisai Kong is right.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Postby Funkythemainmonkey » June 1st, 2011, 11:28 am

I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!!!!! THANK YOU! I WISH I COULD REACH OUT OF THE COMPUTER SCREEN AND HUG YOU BOTH!
:cry: I'm crying tears if joy!

I've decided that I am not BI, but I just think that a man can be attractive! Thank you for your help!!!!
Tourist

Postby Kiddy14 » June 1st, 2011, 1:58 pm

I hope for the best for these people; there's nothing like feeling something you think of as natural ends up being condemned by society.
I have a friend who's gay, and there's nothing wrong or awkward about him.
Be happy X3
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Tiptup Jr. » June 1st, 2011, 2:29 pm

I've been avoiding commenting on this because I know I will get flamed to hell and back (and my flame shield really took a beating in the DKCR aftermath), but with everyone from Lady Gaga to Woody the cowboy joining this "It gets better" thing, here goes.

I believe that human beings can control who they have sex with, and nobody is "born" with a certain sexual orientation. If someone is a pedophile and they have sex with a child, does that make it right? No, even if they claim they cannot control being attracted to children. Personally I do not agree with homosexuality. It is against my belief set. It has been scientifically proven that it is very improbable that "orientation" is determined by DNA, or is even outside our control. Now, despite this- just because I find it wrong- that doesn't mean I am a bully, or a hateful person. I am a friend to many people who consider themselves homo/bisexual. I don't endorse that decision, but I also don't judge them for it. I acknowledge that we all must take our own journey and fight our own battles in life. Now, if the topic of sexuality comes up with one of these people, I'll tell them my opinion of it, and that I wish they would explore alternative lifestyles, but I will never be mean or bully someone because of it. And yes I have this opinion because of my belief in God, and the fact that God does not favor homosexuality. I am not arguing this aspect of my belief set with anyone, so thank you (in advance.)

However I am still a big fan of Lady Gaga. Some people think this is ironic, but it's my music and I've taken that spiritual journey and I'm aware of Her opinion on it. But a core part of Lady Gaga's message- love and acceptance- is something everyone can learn from. Not acceptance of people's supposed sexualities, per se, but people in general.

As a side note: you're born with a certain skin color and gender, but the ACTION of sexual activity is something you choose to do. Born This Way is a good song and album but I don't believe in being born with a "sexual orientation." This doesn't mean I hate anyone. Alright, I'm done. :P
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Jomingo » June 2nd, 2011, 7:15 am

Alright, I'm sure that post (though polite) is going to get on some people's nerves in this topic, so I'd like to ask right now that nobody here comment on Tiptup's post or try and argue with his opinion (he will not change it). I'd also like to ask Tiptup not to post again in this topic, out of courtesy to the others who are using it. It's not that you've done anything wrong (you clearly were trying not to offend anybody, but you really don't have any business posting in this thread if that's your belief set), I just would rather this not become some kind of argument and detract from the project this topic is actually about. Your views have been made known, now kindly allow everyone else to carry on with their thread and everyone else please return the same courtesy and not try and refute Tiptup's beliefs.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Tiptup Jr. » June 2nd, 2011, 9:14 am

As you correctly stated I wasn't trying to offend anyone, I was extremely respectful and I wasn't aware we weren't allowed to post in topics if we didn't have the same opinion as everyone else, but okay.

EDIT: I am very intolerant of bullying.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Jomingo » June 3rd, 2011, 8:01 am

I know you were being respectful, I'm just preemptively trying to prevent any sort of argument from materializing about this. This topic isn't about what everybody's beliefs are regarding homosexuality, it has a specific purpose for people who do support homosexuality, and thus people who don't really don't have a reason to post in this topic. I also didn't say you weren't allowed to post here, I just asked you kindly not to just in case somebody decides to call you out on your beliefs and an fight starts. It was a request, not a ruling. I don't want you to get ganged up on and have to get defensive and I don't want the people who started this topic to feel uncomfortable.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Chibisai Kong » June 4th, 2011, 5:04 am

Same here Tiptup, especially if it's for no reason or it's sexual orientational bullying.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby SimianSegue » June 6th, 2011, 10:27 am

I have just joined this cause, and I am SICK of kids using the word gay in that way.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 4

Postby Markster » June 15th, 2011, 2:57 am

I just saw a YouTube video with gay people and someone said "i hate gay people", and he got 13 agrees, that guy is just an a**hole.

Edit : I just noticed that DKC-Atlas automatically censored my curse word, its probably a setting for people under 18 years old.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Postby Kiddy14 » June 16th, 2011, 11:15 am

Markster wrote:I just noticed that DKC-Atlas automatically censored my curse word, its probably a setting for people under 18 years old.

This.
Qyzbud wrote:I will use the word censoring filter to 'auto-replace' such language... You can disable the word censoring if you like, which means that you can see the uncensored version of posts. It's on by default, so anyone can browse the forum without being offended by such language.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby HavocReaper48 » June 23rd, 2011, 7:41 am

Bumping for something I'm fairly certain supporters would be interested in watching -- a music video by Rise Against:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP4clbHc4Xg

Almost cried.

(RA is known for VERY meaningful music videos... animal abuse, politics, friendship, war, love, the Apocalypse, you name it. See Vevo's channel. Part of the reason why they're my favorite band).
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 3

Postby Chibisai Kong » June 24th, 2011, 3:46 am

Dude, forget ALMOST crying---I AM crying! :,( I started doing so when they started taking out those materials(or for the one guy, getting onto the bridge over the highway)! Those peope that dude at the end named.... did they kill themselves? OMG I broke down at the guy he named who was thirteen!

Here's the post I put on Rise Against's wall on facebook:

Spoiler!
"I loved your video Make It Stop. It made me cry. I'm so glad you guys are against things like this as well. It made me cry and I still am doing so. I wish people who bully kids like them would watch this video and realize what they are doing is wrong. I love some of our songs, particularly Re-Educaton(Through Labor), and Make It Stop is probably my all time favorite. I hope others will see this and realize how wrong all bullying is."

And then Lady Gaga's wall:

Spoiler!
"I was just on the It Gets Better Project's wall and saw you liked it. I'm happy to see some celebrities like you care about stopping this type of bullying. I think that if more people like you and Rise Against do some things like this then maybe we can get other kids to realize what they are doing is wrong. I'm not sure if Born is Way applies to kids of different sexual orientations who are bullied but if so then I love the way you made it sounds. If not, but of course it probably is, I still love the song."

I just HAD to go and tell them what I thought about them liking it. It's the right thing to do and I'm glad we have celebrities on our side. ^_^

RANDOM NOTE: I finally stopped crying. If I ever show someone that video I will probably have to leave the room until it's over because I don't think I could handle watching them try to kill themselves again. ^_^;
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby HavocReaper48 » June 24th, 2011, 11:04 am

Yes, those children Tim named are the "September Children", all committed suicide for the similar gay/lesbian/bisexual/trans discrimination.

Wikipedia link on suicide of Tyler.

Chibisai, if you give me a link to that post I'll be sure to Like it. Out of curiosity how long were you crying?

In my opinion, Make It Stop is tied for the uncut video of Ready To Fall for RA's most meaningful music video.
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 3

Postby Chibisai Kong » June 25th, 2011, 6:48 am

I thought it was sweet of them to write the song.

And I heard about Tyler Clementi when I was at the dentist's in October. It pains me to see people do that to themselves especially because they were bullied because of them being lesbian, gay, bi, or transexual (I once got called all but bi...) and to tell the truth I don't like bullying AT ALL. Those people are taking away innocent lives.

And all you have to do is go to Rise Against and Lady Gaga's facebook pages. My pic's of two girls(one with brown hair, blue eyes, and pink ears and the other with black hair, green eyes, and red ears). And let's just say I watched the video a half hour after getting on the computer and when my grandpa told me to let him on for a minute he asked why I was crying. I stopped doing so fifteen minutes later about a few minutes after writing those posts and putting the link on facebook.

Spoiler!
by the way, how do you write a sentence that turns blue and when you click on it you go to a link?
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby SimianSegue » June 25th, 2011, 7:49 am

by the way, how do you write a sentence that turns blue and when you click on it you go to a link?

You click on the URL button on the top row and then copy and paste the URL.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 4

Postby Chibisai Kong » July 10th, 2011, 7:57 am

So to get this topic started again, I recently made this picture:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater

I did it last night during my usual nightly marathon of Ghost Adventures (don't know why I mentioned that... LOL, I guess Ghost Adventures is least important XD) and just put it up on my facebook wall photos. I want everything to get better as much as the next person. :)
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Chibisai Kong » August 18th, 2011, 12:12 pm

Oh my god... oh my god NO EFFIN' WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.out.com/features/2011/08/Ada ... heID=1#Top

Can it really be? :) Yes! Now I love this man more than ever...
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Chibisai Kong » February 24th, 2012, 3:46 pm

Spoiler!
Holy hell for anyone reading this who saw 2/21's episode of Glee the part where Blaine was singing is a prime example of what happens to people who cannot handle being bullied for lifestyle(yes I do not believe it's a disease or curse but rather a choice or something they're born as---think I me what you will now!).

Unfortunately, most teens like Karofsky aren't so lucky and are not found in time to be saved. I'm just glad Kurt is now going to be there for him even though the former put the latter through a lot of crap over the first two seasons.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Mr.Diddy » August 4th, 2012, 11:56 am

At my school, the annoying 6th graders would call other people gay lesbians. :? But if you are a gay lesbian, wouldn't you be straight? When you said bleak, the first thing that came to my head was a snowman that laughs when you hit him. Just like when I drove by Belk yesterday, at first glance, I thought it said Bleak. :lol:
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 4

Postby Mr.Diddy » August 4th, 2012, 12:07 pm

Funkythemainmonkey wrote:Now folks this is very important:
Spoiler!
I'm thinking that I might be bisexual. Please give me advice!

All hell would break lose if you were going to my school... Sorry for the bad advice! By the way, how can you tell?
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 4

Postby Chibisai Kong » August 7th, 2012, 10:03 am

While I was at camp, I learned a boy in my brother cabin was gay and that even his family doesn't care about him because of it. I didn't think of it until I was gone but I should have shown him this project.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Rux Ton » February 19th, 2014, 2:02 am

As a straight male myself, I have family members and friends from that community. I just want to add in that it will get better. The support will pay off soon.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 17

Return to Anything Goes