pages to long

Any comments or suggestions regarding the DKC Atlas Forum can be posted here.

pages to long

Postby diddykong » April 13th, 2009, 7:41 pm

has anybody else noticed this? Is it just me or does this forum have about 5763894793749 more posts on one page then most other forums.
I don't really mind but the site would probably a bit faster and you could jump straight to the point. Or does every body like it like that?
Tourist

Re: pages to long

Postby Gnawzooka » April 13th, 2009, 7:44 pm

Actually I agree with you there. I think there are over 40 posts per page and it is quite annoying to navigate through them, especially when most forums have about 15-20.
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby diddykong » April 13th, 2009, 7:53 pm

Can you change it?
Tourist

Postby Simion32 » April 13th, 2009, 9:12 pm

I think the forum is just fine the way it is now, with the Atlas1 theme anyway. I like having lots of posts per page, actually. :lol:

Let's see here, the only logical solution would be...
Hey Qyzbud!
How's about a "number of posts per page" setting in the User Control Panel?

..and, why not a "number of threads per page" one while you're at it...

...yeah. That would fix the problem outright. Default can be 50 for members that just registered and guests. Members can change the number of posts. Sounds simple to me.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby diddykong » April 13th, 2009, 9:23 pm

so you mean i wouldn't be able to change mine? or would that just be the default?

Because it would suck if i couldn't change mine... Iv been watching you guys since the beginning.
Tourist

Postby Simion32 » April 13th, 2009, 9:33 pm

Well, you wont be able to change it until Qyz adds that feature. Nothing more to it... just wait for Qyz to post here, that's all you can do now.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Gnawzooka » April 13th, 2009, 11:03 pm

Simion32 wrote:Hey Qyzbud!
How's about a "number of posts per page" setting in the User Control Panel?

Ah, it's genius.
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby Qyzbud » April 13th, 2009, 11:42 pm

I was just about to merge this into the lengthy forum suggestions topic when I realised how very ironic that would be... :lol:

As has been pointed out, there are advantages either way when it comes to the number of posts/topics shown per page. Loading 50 posts just to read 1 is a bit of a waste, but clicking 'next page' over and over again to catch up with a longer discussion quickly becomes tiresome. As Simion pointed out, user customisation is a good solution. I'll see what I can do to make it possible.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Gnawzooka » April 14th, 2009, 12:15 am

Hey Qyz, what state are you in? If you're near me you must be up pretty late.
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby diddykong » April 14th, 2009, 2:51 pm

Qyzbud wrote:I was just about to merge this into the lengthy forum suggestions topic when I realised how very ironic that would be... :lol:

As has been pointed out, there are advantages either way when it comes to the number of posts/topics shown per page. Loading 50 posts just to read 1 is a bit of a waste, but clicking 'next page' over and over again to catch up with a longer discussion quickly becomes tiresome. As Simion pointed out, user customisation is a good solution. I'll see what I can do to make it possible.

Yes, but such long pages sometimes don't load fully to slow computers or computers downloading stuff. Like they only load half the page.
Tourist

Postby Stone » April 15th, 2009, 3:56 am

I also like the idea of user customized post numbers, but I think Qyzbud has already chosen a good number. :)

And by the way, I think its not that rare for Qyzbud being up that late. At least from my experiences. ;)
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 48

Return to DKC Atlas Forum Discussion