No attachments in Anything Goes?

Any comments or suggestions regarding the DKC Atlas Forum can be posted here.

No attachments in Anything Goes?

Postby Axis » August 12th, 2012, 12:34 pm

I wanted to start a self-pic marathon topic in Anything Goes but it seems that attachments aren't allowed or even given as an option in that area? Am I somewhat blind to a fact or is it disabled for a reason?
Previously "Kiddy"
Bananas received 3

Re: No attachments in Anything Goes?

Postby Katastrophe Kong » August 12th, 2012, 12:44 pm

The option is disabled all-right. It's probably so that nothing gets too out of hand since it is "Anything Goes".
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 32

Postby Axis » August 12th, 2012, 2:14 pm

That makes sense, oh well, it would be cool if it could be activated for a test run or something. Has there been a bad experience with attachments there or something? Well it's no biggie either way.
Previously "Kiddy"
Bananas received 3

Postby Qyzbud » August 13th, 2012, 2:15 am

The reason for this is pretty simple - every attachment on the forum uses up server resources, which aren't unlimited. I've made file hosting (attachments) available as a service to those who are working on/contributing to DKC projects, artwork, collections, etc... basically anything that would be appreciated by the DKC fan community. I'm happy to provide a space on the forum for discussion outside of the scope of Donkey Kong Country, but I want to reserve our storage space and other such finite server resources for material truly relevant to DKC Atlas, and valuable to DKC fans everywhere. :)

So axis, what is the concept behind this 'self-pic marathon' topic you speak of? Just curious.

Remember - you can always host images, etc. at any of the dozens of free image hosting services out there.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Axis » August 13th, 2012, 2:57 am

Yeah, I considered the second option of just placing a link to fulfill what I wanted. I kinda wanted to beat some forum shy because I believe everybody here is a monkey until I see some proof....real life pictures! I felt the thread would bring some demand in order to have get to know each other better. I don't really need a special thread with attachments privilege or anything, posting links can be just fine.

Thanks for your response. :dixiehappy:
Previously "Kiddy"
Bananas received 3

Postby Qyzbud » August 13th, 2012, 3:24 am

Is this topic anything like what you're talking about? :funky:

Remember also that you can place images in your post using the img tag - they don't have to be attached/hosted by DKC Atlas to show up in the topic. ;)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Axis » August 13th, 2012, 3:29 am

Oh cool, for some reason I couldn't find it. I've been digging up old topics for the past few days too.

Thanks for the tag reminder too, that's something worthy of keeping in your head.
Previously "Kiddy"
Bananas received 3

Return to DKC Atlas Forum Discussion