DK's Banana Bread!

Okay, this is something DK would want to know about!
If you know any great banana recipes... Share them here!

DK's Banana Bread!

Postby JadeRoseofChaos » August 21st, 2009, 8:46 am

A recipe that DK himself would be proud of! :D

Ingredients:
4 ripe bananas, smashed... smashed real good (it's cool if the mixture's a little lumpy afterwards ;) )
1/3 cup melted margarine
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten (beat that sucker!)
1teaspoon of honey
1teaspoon of corn syrup
1 teaspoon of brown sugar (you can even sprinkle a little more into the batter as the recipe progresses)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon of salt
1 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
One more thing, I know this sounds weird but it works: Add pinch of coffee grounds as a garnish before putting the pan in the oven. I used Folger's 100% Columbian.

Method:

Just use a fork to mix everything, 'kay? Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).

Mash bananas with a fork. Melt margarine in any way that sounds easy to you (I just put a few spoon fulls of the stuff inside a measuring cup and nuked it for about 25 seconds... it worked).

Mix melted margarine into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl.

Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Stir in honey then corn syrup. Mix in the next three ingredients (brown sugar, baking soda, and salt) one by one.

Add the flour last, mix. Pour mixture into a greased loaf pan (I used vegetable oil). Bake for 1 hour. Cool for a few minutes. Remove from pan and slice to serve.

Spoiler!
Note: When adding the flour, try mixing in 1 cup first, then after that's mixed in, add the last half cup to the batter. It makes sense, especially if you only have a medium bowl on hand.

:lol: My family helped me a little bit with this recipe. I was originally going to use vanilla extract, but we were out, and I didn't want to ride my bike all the way back to the store in 100 degree heat. So, my father had the idea to use the honey, corn syrup, and brown sugar as a substitute. It worked great!

Bon appetit!
Tourist

Re: DK's Banana Bread!

Postby DK4Ever » October 7th, 2009, 5:39 pm

Wow, this sounds really delicious!

Unfortunately, my dorm is lacking of an oven, however, whenever I'm home next, I might try and whip up some of this.

I do loves me some banana bread.
Treasure Hunter

Return to Banana Recipes