"Pisang Cokelat"

Okay, this is something DK would want to know about!
If you know any great banana recipes... Share them here!

"Pisang Cokelat"

Postby Kowbrainz » May 1st, 2008, 12:57 am

This is one I saw at an Indonesian festival a few weekends ago. The actual recipe is quite traditional, though, so you'll be able to find everything in your local supermarket.

Ingredients:

Banana/s
Chocolate Topping (a lot, lol) - the magic stuff that dries hard is really good for this
Your choice of dippings; good choices include coconut peelings, 100s and 1000s sprinkles, small nuts.

Also: buy some kebab skewers.

1. Take several bananas and stick them in the freezer.
2. After your bananas have been in the freezer for an hour or so at least, take one out and peel it.
3. Dip it in chocolate sauce all over
4. Dip one side of the banana in your choice of topping.

Done. Best to do with a few friends over or at a party or something, as there'll be a lot of sauce and toppings left over if you're doing it alone.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Re: "Pisang Cokelat"

Postby Kiddy14 » May 5th, 2008, 11:23 am

The chocolate sauce has to be hot? I mean... sometimes the chocolate sauce needs to be hot. It would freeze inmediatily with the cold bananas, thats why I'm asking =)
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Qyzbud » May 5th, 2008, 10:56 pm

Cool recipe (LOL!!), nice and simple, too.

Hey, you tricked me into learning a bit of Indonesian... I feel cultured now. 8-)

Kiddy, the chocolate sauce Kowz mentioned (Cottee's Ice Magic) doesn't have to be hot - it's liquid at room temperature, and turns solid when it touches something frozen (such as ice cream, sub-zero bananas etc.) so you'll have to be quick to dip into the hundreds and thousands before it solidifies completely.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Kiddy14 » May 6th, 2008, 4:55 am

Oh... then I gotta find it! =) In the US is Smucker's Magic Shell right?
Because where I live it's a simmilar reciped we call Chocobanana, and we use hot chocolate to dip over half bananas. That's why I'm asking.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Jomingo » May 6th, 2008, 11:51 am

Yeah, there are several brands of the stuff, at my local store they even have different flavors, such as Reese's Peanut Butter cup flavor!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Qyzbud » May 6th, 2008, 1:59 pm

So... what's 'cup flavor', exactly? Sounds... delicious. :?

Also; I wonder if it's difficult to peel a frozen banana! ...and if the peel would be even more slippery when frozen. :lol:
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Kowbrainz » May 6th, 2008, 9:57 pm

We had a LOTE fest today (Languages other than english) at school, and I got to see that preparation wasn't quite as I had assumed: Peel a banana, put a skewer through it, then put it in a plastic bag and into the freezer. Try that way instead.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Postby Jomingo » May 7th, 2008, 7:18 am

Yeah, I never thought about it, but that would be loads easier.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Parn » June 26th, 2008, 1:28 am

That sounds super good. I'm defintaly going ot try it next week when my dad goes out and buys food agin. ^-^
Tourist

Return to Banana Recipes