My favorite banana bread

Okay, this is something DK would want to know about!
If you know any great banana recipes... Share them here!

My favorite banana bread

Postby Phyreburnz » February 28th, 2014, 1:30 pm

:banana: Banana Bread :banana:

1 and 3/4 cups of flour
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/3 cup of shortening
2/3 cup of sugar
2 eggs
1 cup of mashed bananas (2 or 3 and VERY ripe)

Squish your very ripe bananas in a bowl with a fork. Set it aside for later. In a medium or large mixing bowl, cream the sugar and shortening. Add eggs. Alternatively add the dry ingredients with the mashed banana. Grease and flour a glass bread pan and add the mix.

This bakes at 350°. Depending on your oven, it could take between 30 minutes and an hour. Check to see if it is done by poking a toothpick down in the center. When it comes up and it isn't coated in stuff, it is ready to take out. Keep checking on your bread periodically to make sure you don't over bake it, especially the first time you make it.

Once out of the oven, cool it on a wire rack for 15 minutes still in the glass bread pan. Use a butter knife around the edges of the pan to loosen the bread. Turn it over carefully onto a tea towel and let it cool completely before storing it in a plastic bag.

You can add nuts to if if you like. This time, I added some chocolate chips. I'll let you know the verdict on whether or not that was a good idea (yay: :thumbs: or nay :shakehead: )! I also love to eat mine with cream cheese spread on the top!

EDIT: Chocolate chip verdict: Meh. I think I like it better plain, but I might add chocolate chips every now and then.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Return to Banana Recipes