E for Everyone?

Talk about Donkey Kong Barrel Blast for Wii

E for Everyone?

Postby Tiptup Jr. » February 14th, 2008, 1:16 pm

I noticed something funny in this game. When you're being Cranky and you throw an item behind you, like a Backwards Barrel or a Zinger hive, he screams "YOU SUCK!". And sometimes, when you're being Funky, he says a naughty word that begins with the letter s. I haven't figured out a definite way of making Funky say it, but y'all can try it with Cranky.

Can we swear here?
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Re: E for Everyone?

Postby Sean » February 14th, 2008, 2:40 pm

Funky aside, "YOU SUCK" is hardly an expletive. To me, most of what the characters say is essentially just random gibberish, typical of Japanese voice actors trying to sound they're speaking English without actually saying anything. So you get lots of grunts and yells that are probably unscripted as all get out and can be taken for something else really easily.
Trainee Trekker

Postby Qyzbud » February 14th, 2008, 5:42 pm

Tiptup Jr. wrote:Can we swear here?

Thoughtful of you to ask. I don't like to tell people how to use language, but I really want this site to be all-ages friendly. I think there's a swearing filter in place anyhow, though I'm not sure exactly how it works... I've been meaning to prepare a specific rules & guidelines notice here, and perhaps I'll get around to it soon. So much more interesting stuff to be working on, I'm sure you can understand. ;)

Test: crap.

Oh dear! Kids, look away!
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Tiptup Jr. » February 15th, 2008, 6:59 am

On second thought, maybe it is just random jibberish. Still, it's fun to decipher what they're saying.

Kip: When executing a wild move, it sounds like he says "giggity giggity giggity!"
Funky: When you select him on the character select screen, it sounds like he says "Rayman!"
Lanky: Sometimes his voice sounds like Mumbo Jumbo's.

Hmmm...
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Return to Donkey Kong Barrel Blast