Help with 100% on Jungle Climber.

Talk about Paon's peg-based DK games:
DK: King of Swing for Game Boy Advance.
DK: Jungle Climber for Nintendo DS

Help with 100% on Jungle Climber.

Postby RawkHawk2010 » August 5th, 2008, 1:19 am

I've beaten the game, collected every Oil Barrel, DK Coin, and Banana Coin, completed all 11 Extra Stages, and have a C rank or higher in every one of Candy's challenges (the ones that have ranks, anyway).

But I'm still at only 94%. Can anyone help me out?
Tourist

Re: Help with 100% on Jungle Climber.

Postby gamer_boy997 » August 5th, 2008, 2:20 am

I can't even find all the banana coins, DK coins, or Oil Drums, :lol: , but I think that you probably need to get atleast an A on all the extra games, unless there's an extra, super, secret, somewhere, I think that's what you need to do.
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Postby RawkHawk2010 » August 5th, 2008, 4:02 am

I don't think that's it, gamerboy. I just got A ranks in half of Candy's games and my percentage never went up. :cry:
Tourist

Postby Tiptup Jr. » August 5th, 2008, 7:23 am

You have to get triple A's on each challenge and unlock the staff times, which is the final cheat.

Yes, I have done it. :)
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby RawkHawk2010 » August 5th, 2008, 10:39 am

Tiptup, I thought at the DKU you said only a C rank is needed in Candy's Challenges.

If this is the case...then I'm screwed!
Tourist

Postby Tiptup Jr. » August 5th, 2008, 11:08 am

I am truly puzzled... From what I can tell, my late-2007 self was lying; I currently have at least a Single A rank on each minigame, and have completed all story mode and Dixie challenges. If you accomplish all that and still don't have 100%, let me know.

HUGE EDIT: Upon further analysis of my posts at the DKU, it would appear that I did not have A ranks on all minigames when I achieved 100% completion. I'm scanning through my game's contents to see what it could have been, but... for now I don't know.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby RawkHawk2010 » August 5th, 2008, 11:34 am

Thanks for looking, Jr. I've completed all of Dixie's Extra Games, have a C rank on each of Candy's Challenges (my percentage has never increased upon getting higher ranks so I doubt that's the problem), listened to all of Cranky's lectures, have all of the story cutscenes and cheats (except for the 100% video and staff scores, obviously), and have every DK Coin, Banana Coin, and Oil Barrel (except for Cranky's Teachin's, and of course Oil Barrels are non-existent for the Little Islands and World 6.)

In any case, what I'm missing has to be something big or numerous. I still have 6% to go, as opposed to 1% or 2% in which something could easily be overlooked.

EDIT: Do Bonus Barrels count towards 100% completion? I'm thinkin' no, but...
Tourist

Postby Tiptup Jr. » August 5th, 2008, 11:46 am

Okay. This ends today, Jungle Climber!

Rawk, in your first post you said that you had a "C rank or higher in every one of Candy's challenges (the ones that have ranks, anyway)." All of Candy's Challenges have rankings, even the 'Infinity' ones. There is a sixth minigame called Booster Battle that I think was unlocked by getting an A ranking on all four barrels of each of the five minigames. If you have already unlocked Booster Battle, ignore that; I can't really remember how to unlock it. That was just educated guesswork, but is still worth a try.

EDIT: The Bonus Barrels might be it too. I'm a completionist freak when it comes to video games, so I naturally beat all of them. I'm not sure if they count toward your percentage though...
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby RawkHawk2010 » August 5th, 2008, 1:01 pm

Ah, I assumed the infinite games had no ratings for whatever reason.

But now the 100% ending is mine! Mucho thanks, Tiptup.
Tourist

Postby Tiptup Jr. » August 5th, 2008, 10:42 pm

Ah, you're welcome. :)

...But had you already unlocked Booster Battle before you read that? I remember that it wasn't on my other, uncompleted file, so I assumed that was how you get it.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Return to Peg Swingers: KoS and JC