Favourite playable DK64 Kong?

Talk about Donkey Kong 64 for the Nintendo 64.

Re: Favourite playable DK64 Kong?

Postby Tiptup Jr. » July 8th, 2008, 10:16 am

Diddy_Gal wrote:
Spoiler!
Diddy the sexy beast. RAWR! *^_^*

You know, I think we're going to get along on these forums. ;)
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby FunkyKong » July 21st, 2008, 1:11 pm

I like Donkey Kong the best. Hes original and hes very powerful.
Trainee Trekker

Postby gamer_boy997 » July 21st, 2008, 1:27 pm

Tiptup Jr. wrote:But it's not just a regular monkey. It's a video game monkey, and when it comes to video games, anything can be hot.

Anything.

The reason why the monkeys in videogames can look hot for some people, is because they aren't real monkeys. Here are some examples:
1. They where clothes.
2. Dixie and Tiny both have ponytails.
3. All of the monkey's/apes have cartoonish eyes, (they're more like human eyes).
4. Dixie and Tiny don't have tails! Are they really monkeys?

By the way, my favorite is probably Diddy, his jetpacks rock!
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Postby swoopysalvo » September 10th, 2008, 12:55 pm

For me a tie between Tiny and Chunky. Both are awesome. With Chunky it felt good to be controlling the raw power of a cowardly and hilarious ape. With Tiny she was the most nimble of the Kongs plus she had style.
Tourist

Postby Chibisai Kong » December 30th, 2011, 6:25 pm

OK. First off, Jo, that was a REALLY scary comment about Tiny and logs so know I can never look at her the same way again. Second, I used to always play as Tiny. In fact, whenever me and the sibs multi-playered, me and my big sis would always fight over who got to be her(same went for Daisy in Mario Party XD).
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Tiptup Jr. » January 1st, 2012, 11:58 am

Oh God I used to be so weird.

I like Tiny in terms of gameplay, being light and compact and everything, but Diddy has that triple jump that I really do love (kind of like in Super Mario 64). Lanky, Chunky, and Donkey all have their merits but for getting from point A to point B I'd probably use Tiny or Diddy.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Super Luigi! » January 15th, 2012, 4:13 pm

I agree with Titup Jr. Diddy and Tiny are great to use when you have to travel, and they have some useful abilities too, like Tiny's Ponytail Whirl and Diddy's Jetpack. DK and Chunky are great when you need to destroy whole mountains, and Lanky has the reach that makes Dhalsim look weak, but Tiny and Diddy are the best overall to me.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Phyreburnz » January 17th, 2012, 11:14 am

Diddy was probably my favorite for this one. I would have picked DK if they would have kept rolling as his main attack. I know you can roll (I think z+b or something), but I was just disappointed that they changed it. I know they were going to have the same attack in the SNES version... but that doesn't make me like it any more.

I liked Tiny, but I still like Dixie better. I don't really care for Chunky (although I much prefer him to Kiddy)... and I really, really dislike Lanky.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby SexyRayman » February 2nd, 2012, 4:05 pm

Lanky Kong was my favorite of the game. Funny kong! 8-)
Tourist

Postby DKCFan188 » February 3rd, 2012, 3:08 am

Chunky Kong was pretty cool! :) lol
Trainee Trekker

Postby Markster » March 9th, 2012, 4:26 am

I think Diddy Kong would be my favorite playable kong.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Postby Geno » March 15th, 2012, 5:27 am

HOOPLAH is the best, by far.
Chunky is also great too.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 57

Postby Mr.Diddy » August 3rd, 2012, 2:20 am

I used to think Lanky threw barrels at you in DKC. :shock:

By the way, I think Chunky and Diddy are my favorites

By the way, how did Tiny age but no other kongs did? :?
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 4

Postby Ribbedebie » August 18th, 2012, 9:18 pm

I like Krusha best. ...OKAY so he isn't a Kong but he was playable in the multiplayer and he totally counts ugh you dnot undersntaad sob

Nah, for serious; I like Diddy best. He just has this attitude in the game without being too annoying.

DK's cool too, if mostly for his attitude as well - he's the Leader of the Bunch and he obviously shows that. But even he has his silly moments! (Like how in one of those ground-pound attacks he falls face-first to the floor). He's cool and funny at the same time.

I might've said I disliked Lanky in the past for some silly reason but I'm over that now. He's hilarious. HOOPLA! Luhneyhuh! WAHOO! Hnr-r-r! GAH.

Tiny, well... She irked me for 'replacing' Dixie but after the two ladies both appeared in later games I kinda got over it. For a little girl, she's pretty cool. And the sound she makes when using her helicopter hair makes me giggle.

Chunky? I used to be afraid of his burp attack. :lol: But since I got over that too he's a cool character too. I like how he's the biggest of them all but still frightened of small things.

I like them all, really... heh.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 57

Previous

Return to Donkey Kong 64