DK64 issue

Talk about Donkey Kong 64 for the Nintendo 64.

DK64 issue

Postby Mayo » February 6th, 2011, 10:22 pm

I cannot seem to access the Multiplayer Mode (even with 2 controllers plugged in), nor Mystery on the menu screen. Despite my brother already completing everything ages ago, these modes have remained transparent.

Does this have anything do to with collecting all the Banana Fairies or something?
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 4

Re: DK64 issue

Postby Tiptup Jr. » February 20th, 2011, 11:39 am

Your cartridge is probably ****ed up. Sorry.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Chibisai Kong » February 28th, 2011, 1:56 pm

No, collecting all the banana fairies has nothing to do with it. My brother has 101% and it still works. I was putting together different color combinations of them earlier.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Mayo » March 19th, 2011, 8:20 pm

Late response is late, thanks for the feedback.

Crap... looks like I can't do multiplayer anymore then ;_;

Another issue I've come across is the banana coin count, one minute I have 200 coins for one Kong, then the next minute it goes down to 10 or some really low number, I thought there was no limit to how many coins you collect, but I could be wrong.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 4

Postby Tiptup Jr. » March 20th, 2011, 4:45 am

That's really strange... once again, most likely you have a faulty cartridge. Or, if you've ever used a Gameshark on it, that could've had adverse effects. I was once stupid enough to use a Gameshark on my copy of DK64 and it erased my 101% game. So yeah, don't do that.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Mayo » April 26th, 2011, 4:42 pm

Late reply is late, derp.

This game was preowned when I purchased it back in the early 2000s. I don't have Gameshark, but the previous owner could have used one otherwise.
Weird thing is, I distinctly remember playing multiplayer years back, unless that was when we were renting the game before then.
Then again, it could just be the cartidge's old age, causing more glitches and faults in programming.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 4

Return to Donkey Kong 64