Does the DKL soundtrack have official names?

Talk about the Donkey Kong Land trilogy for Game Boy.

Does the DKL soundtrack have official names?

Postby Blaziken257 » June 17th, 2009, 1:08 pm

I've seen some sites with the DKL soundtrack before, all with the same names like "Snowy Pig Wings" or "Spinning Diddy Coin." This doesn't really sound like it's official, plus the fact that there would be an official DKL soundtrack but not DKL2 or DKL3 is also bizarre. So are there official names in the DKL soundtrack?
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 114

Re: Does the DKL soundtrack have official names?

Postby PotoGamer » June 17th, 2009, 1:47 pm

Not that I know of, the only titles that I've seen are from a rip by the DKU, and the names are unofficial (Especially the one for the cliff levels).

The titles I use are the original DKC titles or generic ones (Mountain Mayhem for cliff levels), but that's especially hard for the DKL3 themes (Pokey Caverns? :| ).
Trailblazer

Postby TheUltimateKoopa » August 14th, 2009, 10:10 am

I'm pretty sure the ones on DKU are fake.... seriously "That Part That's Like A Cave Only Higher"? Anyone could tell it's a mountain (not a cliff).

Also, I'd just use things like "Ship Levels" or "Jungle Levels".... well for those based on DKC tunes just use the DKC names, e.g. Jungle = "DK Island Swing", Temple = "Voices of the Temple", Coral = "Aquatic Ambience", Snow = "Northern Hemispheres"
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 4

Postby CM August » August 22nd, 2009, 10:28 pm

I don't think even the DKC titles are neccessarily official; David Wise himself never referred to them by name from what I've read, such as referring to Aquatic Ambiance as simply 'the water level'. Who knows though? The given titles in the soundtracks (including the ones DKU made up) are good enough for me.
Jungle Explorer

Return to Donkey Kong Land