Two unused songs in Donkey Kong Land!

Talk about the Donkey Kong Land trilogy for Game Boy.

Two unused songs in Donkey Kong Land!

Postby Blaziken257 » February 25th, 2009, 5:40 pm

Guess what... There seem to be at least two unused songs in Donkey Kong Land! As if the unused Rocket Run theme in Donkey Kong Land 3 isn't enough. These two, though, are original, and aren't in any other game. And I found them straight off of Graeme Norgate's website. If you want to find them, here they are:

http://www.graemenorgate.com/#dkl

There's one called "Skyscraper" and another called "Last Boss." Who knows why they were unused? (I'm also curious if it's possible to listen to them in the game by hacking... though so far I have had no luck from using Corrupt...)

One thing, though. For some reason, the MP3s on this site aren't 100% accurate. It's as if he used an emulator with inaccurate sound. I can tell by listening to the other songs, then listening to them on my Game Boy. So they're slightly off...

The songs are really cool, though! Especially the Skyscraper one.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 114

Re: Two unused songs in Donkey Kong Land!

Postby Cyclone » February 26th, 2009, 12:24 pm

Hey cool I really like the Skyscraper one, why did they not put it in the game? The Last Boss one I didn't like very much though.

Blaziken you're right the music does seem off, I listened to the Airship song and it didn't sound right.

Thanks for posting!
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 559

Postby Katastrophe Kong » March 3rd, 2009, 11:45 am

If theres beta elements about any game I know I just GOTTA have it! I don't know why, I don't even play DKL all that much ,
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 32

Postby TheUltimateKoopa » March 7th, 2009, 1:31 pm

If you remember Blaziken, I told you about the 2 unused songs in your video about the Rocket Rush theme :D. I've known about these 2 songs for over 5 years. I first heard them in late 2003. Perhaps either Skyscraper was going to be the tune that was perhaps replaced with "Building Site" as Graeme calls it, OR, it was the theme to a totally butchered entire "theme" of levels. Although teh former seems mroe likely, because the levels that have the "Building Site" theme seem to look a lot like Skyscrapers. HEck there's even a stage called Skyscraper Caper (4-5).
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 4

Return to Donkey Kong Land