Is it me, or is the demo glitched in DKL3 GBC?

Talk about the Donkey Kong Land trilogy for Game Boy.

Is it me, or is the demo glitched in DKL3 GBC?

Postby Blaziken257 » November 30th, 2008, 5:15 pm

I'm not sure whether this has only happened to me or not, but the demo seems glitched to me in the GBC version of DKL3. To see this for yourself, let the game sit on the title screen and don't press anything (don't even press anything on the Control Pad, because sometimes it loads a different level if you do). It should load the level Jetty Jitters. Now, in the GBC version, after Kiddy gets hit by a Klasp (about 40 seconds into the demo), it starts to get weird. Dixie hangs on the rope for an elongated period of time, then about 10 seconds later, falls into the water and keeps hugging the wall at the right, occasionally moving left for a split second. Then she gets out and hits the Kobble. This doesn't happen on the GB version -- the demo is fine even after hitting the Klasp.

I think the demos run on button presses, and somehow it gets desynched after hitting the Klasp. Still, I think this is weird, because I always thought both versions of DKL3 had identical gameplay and physics (though the GBC version has slightly less lag, but I don't think it would make a difference in Jetty Jitters). The other weird thing is that all the other demos -- Rickety Rapids, Whiplash Dash, and Deep Reef Grief -- are the same as that of the GB version.

(Oh, and in case anybody's wondering how you can see the Rickety Rapids, Whiplash Dash, and Deep Reef Grief demos, they're influenced by the Control Pad or the Select button on the title screen. Press Left, Up, Down, or Select once on the title screen to see the Rickety Rapids demo, press any combination of these buttons twice for the Whiplash Dash demo, and three times for the Deep Reef Grief demo.)

Anyway, has anybody else noticed this oddity? I also heard that Banjo-Kazooie for XBLA has a glitch similar to this at the end of the game!

EDIT: I may upload a video of this on YouTube when I have the motivation to do so...

EDIT: It's up! Check it out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1klkkPVrdI
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 114

Return to Donkey Kong Land