So I hear that there's a Rocket Rush theme in DKL3...

Talk about the Donkey Kong Land trilogy for Game Boy.

So I hear that there's a Rocket Rush theme in DKL3...

Postby Blaziken257 » June 13th, 2008, 5:53 am

...even though you can't access it by normal means. That means hacking the game with either a GameShark or a ROM hacking utility. Or if you cartridge screws up, which I've heard happen to some people. Does anybody know of a way to listen to it? Preferable a GameShark code. I would love to listen to an 8-bit Rocket Rush theme!

Also, since there's a hidden track in DKL3, does that mean that there could also be other hidden tracks? What about Pokey Pipes or Frosty Frolics? Or the OTHER boss theme (not the K. Rool one, I forget the name)? And could there be Mining Melancholy, Klomp's Romp, Primal Rave, Jib Jig, Boss Bossanova, or Forest Interlude (one of my favorites!) in DKL2?
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 114

Re: So I hear that there's a Rocket Rush theme in DKL3...

Postby Teeth » June 14th, 2008, 12:41 am

We have GOT to look into this. I was so miffed that Mining Melancholy, Jib Jig and Forest Interlude didn't make it into DKL2. I mean, Bayou Boogie would've been harder to make in 8-bit, and that made it in!

Let's hope someone can find some of these tracks. ;)
Tourist

Postby Raccoon Sam » June 26th, 2008, 12:45 am

Yes, Rocket Rush exists in the game. In fact, it sounds pretty cool. Unless I'm mistaken, there are other unused songs in there, too! Check out the GBS yourself.
The GBS is for the Japanese color version, though. Makes no difference as far as I'm aware.
Attachments
DKL3.zip
DKL3 GBS
(11.57 KiB) Downloaded 787 times
Trailblazer
Bananas received 35

Postby Cody » June 30th, 2008, 4:37 pm

I have the Rocket Rush (DKL3) MP3 but can't post it at the moment due to lag difficulties. I'll provide a download link quite shortly.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Postby Blaziken257 » January 17th, 2009, 7:33 am

I found it in the ROM! It's complicated but I'll post how I found it shortly. Meanwhile, you can listen to this (unfortunately, the quality is a bit butchered, but it still sounds awesome anyway):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ac8Ru3u ... x=5&fmt=18

I recorded off the Japanese version, using VBA-M (as far as I know, it's the most accurate version of VBA, sound wise).
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 114

Return to Donkey Kong Land