The first DKL had interesting music.

Talk about the Donkey Kong Land trilogy for Game Boy.

The first DKL had interesting music.

Postby Blaziken257 » May 12th, 2008, 2:34 pm

A lot of the music in DKL were unique to that game... DKL is sorta like an early DKC3 GBA in terms of music (in that they replaced some of the songs) but Rare somehow managed to pull it off much better in DKL than in DKC3 GBA. In fact I liked a lot of the songs better than some of the songs in DKC before it. For example, the temple and cave themes in DKL were more catchy than the ones in DKC. They were upbeat and they would get stuck in my head a lot. The Aquatic Ambience remix is also extremely awesome and has got to be one of the best 8-bit songs ever. The snow, underwater ruins, and construction site themes were decent too. In fact I like nearly all the songs. Anybody agree with me?
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 114

Re: The first DKL had interesting music.

Postby Qyzbud » May 12th, 2008, 3:31 pm

I do indeed agree. I've always had a strong appreciation for DKL's version of the snow theme. I thought it sounded great for a Game Boy track, and gave those levels a uniquely moody and 'dangerous' vibe. The Ship levels had a great variation on Dave Wise's trademark pirate ship theme (he's made a lot of variations on this tune, over the years...) and I also like the Kremlantis (underwater temple) theme, as it's quite beautiful and serene.

If any DKC series game deserves a full-soundtrack remix project, I think it's Donkey Kong Land. So much unique, brilliantly composed music on such limited sound hardware. I mean, I love DKC remixes, but the DKC's already have sampled instrumental sound... just imagine the technical leap and artistic possibilities of remixing DKL.

:geek:
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Re: The first DKL had interesting music.

Postby nensondubois » December 10th, 2010, 3:20 am

I would have like to have seen the mountain, Temple, City and Cloud level themes used in DKC since DKL uses the better soundtrack, though there still a few good songs in DKC exclusively.
Newcomer

Return to Donkey Kong Land