Enter DKL3's Lost World early (English version only)

Talk about the Donkey Kong Land trilogy for Game Boy.

Enter DKL3's Lost World early (English version only)

Postby Blaziken257 » March 11th, 2013, 11:35 am

So I recently discovered a glitch that makes it possible to enter the Lost World without neeing 35 DK Coins. This glitch will only work in the English versions (v1.0, v1.1, and the prototype will all work), not the Japanese version. There are also some prerequisites that you need to be aware of:

• You need a file that already has access to the Lost World (i.e. K. Rool Duel has been beaten, and you have at least 35 DK Coins).
  • On the file where you wish to use this glitch, you need access to the Lost World from the world map (Northern Kremisphere). You can do this by either beating K. Rool Duel, or using the level unlock cheat (on the title screen, press Up, Down, Left, Left, Down, Up, Right). You don't actually need to be able to enter it, however.

Once that is taken care of, here are the steps to perform this glitch:

1. Turn the game on, and choose the file where the Lost World is already unlocked (i.e. you've beaten K. Rool Duel and have at least 35 DK Coins).
  2. Enter the Lost World.
  3. Either press A+B+Select+Start to reset the game, or lose all your lives, so that the title screen appears. Do not turn off the game -- if you do this by accident, go back to step 1.
  4. Select the file where you wish to use this glitch. (Use the level unlock cheat if necessary.)
  5. Enter the Lost World, and K. Rool won't appear! That's right, you will be able to enter it despite not having enough DK Coins.

This glitch works because in the English versions, when successfully entering the Lost World, K. Rool will stop appearing upon subsequent attempts to enter it until the game is turned off. Since the 35 DK Coin check only occurs if K. Rool appears, this means that it is possible to enter the Lost World regardless of how many DK Coins you have. In the Japanese version, K. Rool always appears whenever trying to enter the Lost World, so the 35 DK Coin check will always occur as well. This is how the glitch was fixed in the Japanese version.

Also, K. Rool's Last Stand is unaffected by this, as K. Rool always appears when attempting to enter the level no matter what.

UPDATE: Here is a video:

Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 114

Re: Enter DKL3's Lost World early (English version only)

Postby Gaz » March 17th, 2013, 7:45 am

Wow, nice find. It's almost like the ROCKARD oversight in DKC2 for the Game Boy Advance. Again, you're the biggest DKL worker there is and you happily promote the series to the public in all different ways. Once again, congratulations ol' buddy. Say, why isn't there a Wikipedia article about you? You're very notable in my eyes. You should be in the Reception part of the DKL3 articles everywhere left and right.
Gaz
Taster of Pork
Bananas received 47

Return to Donkey Kong Land