Special cheat codes for DKL2 and DKL3

Talk about the Donkey Kong Land trilogy for Game Boy.

Special cheat codes for DKL2 and DKL3

Postby Geno » July 3rd, 2012, 11:10 am

Here are some codes for DKL2 and DKL3. I have already tried the DKL2 ones, but I haven't tried any DKL3 ones because I am waiting for my copy of the game to arrive in the mail. Here are the codes.

DONKEY KONG LAND 2

40 Banana Coins
On the file select, hold either Left or Right and press B, B, A, A. The file you selected will have 40 Banana Coins.

All Kremkoins
On the file select, hold either Left or Right and press A, B, A ,B. The file you selected will have all the Kremkoins. This doesn't add to your percentage, so you still have to manually collect them to get 100%

50 lives
On the file select, hold either Left or Right and press A, A, B ,B. The file you selected will have 50 lives.

DONKEY KONG LAND III

Play the Card Game any time
On the title screen, press Up, Up, Down, Left, Right. Then press Start. Instead of the file select screen, you’ll go to the Card Game.

50 Lives
On the title screen, press Down, Down, Up, Left, Right. Then press Start. When you select a file, you will have 50 lives.

Unlock all levels instantly
On the title screen, press Up, Down, Left, Left, Down, Up, Right. When you select a file, all the level will be beaten. This doesn't give you Bonus Coins, DK Coins, or Watches, so it doesn't unlock the Lost World.

DKL3 has the most cheap cheats in the entire history of video games!
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 57

Re: Special cheat codes for DKL2 and DKL3

Postby Qyzbud » July 4th, 2012, 9:19 pm

Cheap? Hmm, perhaps that level-unlock code is a bit cheap, but it would be a tough one to remember - or even just to enter correctly, with or without a reference. :P

Thanks for sharing, I'll test them myself as well. I'll put them up on the Atlas sometime soon, once there's a chapter started for the Donkey Kong Land games. :)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Blaziken257 » July 8th, 2012, 9:08 am

A few notes:

- While the Kremkoin cheat in DKL2 will let you get into the Lost World, they still don't count towards your game percentage -- you still have to collect the Kremkoins if you want 100%.

- The level unlock cheat in DKL3 won't get you the Bonus Coins, DK Coins, or Watches. Since you need 36 DK Coins to make it into the Lost World (which is all of them available up to that point), you still can't get into the Lost World with this cheat until you do that. (Also, the code is just Up, Down, Left, Left, Down, Up, Right.)

- Like in DKL2, the "infinite" lives cheat in DKL3 actually gives you 50 lives.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 114

Postby Geno » July 17th, 2012, 1:10 am

Blaziken257 wrote:A few notes:

- While the Kremkoin cheat in DKL2 will let you get into the Lost World, they still don't count towards your game percentage -- you still have to collect the Kremkoins if you want 100%.

- The level unlock cheat in DKL3 won't get you the Bonus Coins, DK Coins, or Watches. Since you need 36 DK Coins to make it into the Lost World (which is all of them available up to that point), you still can't get into the Lost World with this cheat until you do that. (Also, the code is just Up, Down, Left, Left, Down, Up, Right.)

- Like in DKL2, the "infinite" lives cheat in DKL3 actually gives you 50 lives.

OK, editing my post right now.
I thought the DKL3 All levels beaten code was a little long.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 57

Postby Blaziken257 » April 16th, 2013, 10:29 am

I realize this topic is over half a year old, but I just found out that DKL2's cheat codes don't work in the Japanese version of the game. I'm curious to why they were removed... usually, Rare makes the Japanese versions of their games easier (like Donkey Kong Country and Battletoads), but in this case, the Japanese version is harder!
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 114

Return to Donkey Kong Land