What was your favorite level archetype and music?

Talk about the Donkey Kong Land trilogy for Game Boy.

What was your favorite level archetype and music?

Postby Phyreburnz » January 29th, 2012, 6:23 am

This is from all 3 games! Which levels were your favorite? Did you like the new kinds they added like the cloud levels? Or did you like the ones that were already done for the SNES?

I liked the skyscraper levels. I loved the little DK head-shaped balloons that you stood on. The music for those levels was super awesome.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Re: What was your favorite level archetype and music?

Postby The Banana Bird » January 29th, 2012, 7:21 am

I don't know about the archetype, but I sure love the K. Rool boos fight music and the DKL3 Mill fever. Beat Donkey Kong Land 3 in 30 minutes!
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 7

Postby Super Luigi! » January 29th, 2012, 2:40 pm

I suppose I'd have to go with the bramble levels and their music, because pointy plants are awesome and music that has to do with avoiding things is the best.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Ribbedebie » August 18th, 2012, 9:06 pm

My favourite level archetypes were definitely those exclusive to the first DKL, like Big Ape City and Great Girder Grapple. I just have a thing for cities and knowing that there's cities in the DK universe as well is just too awesome. The fact they look pretty slick too for the GB's graphics helps too.

Though I still wonder exactly who live there... Kongs? Kremlings? Weasels? (weasels are one of the most recurring species in Rare games - they're in Banjo-Tooie, B-K: Nuts & Bolts, DK64, and Conker's Bad Fur Day. Hehe!) Something else? ...It's all so vague!

As for the music, I particularly love those of the aforementioned levels, the Blimp music, and Kremlantis. I also like the jazzy rendition of Cave Dweller Concert.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 57

Return to Donkey Kong Land