Donkey Kong Spinoff

Talk about games outside of the DKC series, but closely related.

Donkey Kong Spinoff

Postby Jomingo » September 21st, 2008, 8:12 am

OK, so technically Banjo and Conker were spinoffs of Donkey Kong, but what if they made a real spinoff starring a DK character? Who would it be and what would it be?

You know, like Luigi's Mansion, Super Princess Peach, and the Wario series.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Re: Donkey Kong Spinoff

Postby Swing King » September 23rd, 2008, 7:11 am

How about a Wiiware series about the Kremlings side of the story. Maybe make it an RPG.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 2

Postby Rodent » October 20th, 2008, 8:22 pm

I just thought that a Pikmin or strategy type game that involves you controlling large amounts of Kremlings at once would rock.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 3

Postby Jomingo » October 21st, 2008, 6:44 am

Yeah! We could create a new island and species to fight, and then battle them while controlling the kremlings. They could visit some Kremling environments and this new island to have a mix of new and old. Also, the new enemy should be something even worse than the Kremlings, so to make the player not feel like he's controlling the "bad guys".

Also, I thought they could make a Brother's Bear platformer with some RPG elements.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Sean » November 13th, 2008, 5:46 pm

A Diddy-helmed series or even just another game starring him is the most logical option, I'd say, to the point where I'd almost expect it to happen in a few years. I once had a crappy fanfiction idea for a game which basically consisted of a DKC story with DK kicked out so Diddy could take the forefront, but again, crappy fanfiction.
Trainee Trekker

Postby Chibisai Kong » November 28th, 2010, 8:56 am

Jomingo wrote:OK, so technically Banjo and Conker were spinoffs of Donkey Kong, but what if they made a real spinoff starring a DK character? Who would it be and what would it be?

Ah, but they have! It's called Diddy Kong Racing.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Return to Other DKC Related Games