Donkey Kong Rumors..

Talk about games outside of the DKC series, but closely related.

Donkey Kong Rumors..

Postby WolfzGaming » May 31st, 2008, 3:24 pm

I Have Been Hear Rumors about a game called "Donkey Kong Wii" and it said that it was gonna be 3D Like DK64. Is this true? :?:
Tourist

Re: Donkey Kong Rumors..

Postby Jomingo » June 1st, 2008, 1:39 am

Welcome new member, please make sure to read the rules before posting again:
http://www.dkc-atlas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=177

As for your question, Donkey Kong Wii was just a rumor based on a statement that basically said that they would make a console DK game sometime during the Wii's lifetime. There has been no other news or information about it, and for all we know they could have been referring to Donkey Kong Barrel Blast.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Simion32 » June 1st, 2008, 4:30 am

The only decent reference I've found so far is at http://www.mariowiki.com/Donkey_Kong_Wii, and I'm not even sure this game exists. I hope PAON or the SMG team is working on something in terms of a 3D DK game (that doesn't involve bongos! :x ), but I highly doubt this particular title is real.

The SMG team did a great job, and they made Jungle Beat too. I think they could make a great 3D DK platformer if they didn't use weird controls like the bongos or anything else which would ruin the game/concept. I honestly thought Jungle Beat had really good graphics and music, but they ruined it because of the lame control scheme and the "beats" concept.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Jomingo » June 1st, 2008, 4:47 am

It wasn't the bongos that killed JungleBeat, is was the lack of Donkey Kong features. There wasn't a single returning character other than DK, and no returning items. The only DKC aspect was the animal buddies, and they were all clones created specifically for the purpose of replacing the old ones.

This game is not currently in production as far as we know, and there has been no talk of whether or not this will ever exist. Chances are they won't call it DK Wii, and it probably won't be made by Paon.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby WolfzGaming » June 1st, 2008, 7:44 am

There is A Little bit (Not Really Helpful) of Information on the At the end of the"Kiddy Kong" section here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Donkey_Kong_characters#Kiddy_Kong
Tourist

Postby Jomingo » June 1st, 2008, 12:12 pm

That is false, there is absolutely no information behind that. They said that "DK Wii might feature Kiddy Kong and his little brother", but where did they hear this information? It seems like stupid speculation that follows the pattern of the DKC trilogy.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby WolfzGaming » June 1st, 2008, 2:59 pm

I Guess your right then.
Tourist

Return to Other DKC Related Games