Newly discovered Donkey Kong Racing concept artwork!

Talk about games outside of the DKC series, but closely related.

Newly discovered Donkey Kong Racing concept artwork!

Postby Gaz » February 18th, 2014, 12:05 pm

Wow! I cannot believe this. I cannot believe DK Vine actually located artwork and drawings of Donkey Kong Racing for the GameCube.

Check the DK Vine article out here (saved on archive.org, obviously): http://www.dkvine.com/?p=3993.

It's cool how we also see Cranky and Lanky, who both were not in the trailer, and actual karts. Was there going to be an option between karts and Animal Buddies?

Better grab those renders. You'll need them some day. ;)

Qyzbud
Simion32
geno
Gaz
Taster of Pork
Bananas received 47

Re: New Donkey Kong Racing Artwork from DK Vine!

Postby Geno » February 18th, 2014, 12:43 pm

Neat!

If Dixie and Chunky were in there, they'd have all of the playable characters from the DK series at that point in time. Plus Cranky and Taj.

But the Lanky Kong and Kiddy Kong models look awesome. I'd even go as far as to say that of the Donkey Kong Racing characters, those two appear to have the best models out of all of them!

Which is funny, considering how underused they are nowadays (Kiddy, moreso. :kiddysad: )
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 57

Re: New Donkey Kong Racing Artwork from DK Vine!

Postby Qyzbud » February 18th, 2014, 5:24 pm

This is cool to see... although most of the characters look crazed/possessed. :?

Thanks for sharing, Gaz. Thanks/credit also to Shiggy over at NeoGAF for the original post from which this image was taken (it also features previously-unseen concept art from a bunch of other unreleased Rare games), and to the DK Vine community/staff for spreading the word. :)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Re: Newly discovered Donkey Kong Racing concept artwork!

Postby The Winged Cap » May 10th, 2014, 2:32 am

:dixiecry: Make it go away!
Attachments
kiddy.png
kiddy.png (12.88 KiB) Viewed 12313 times
Tourist
Bananas received 22

Return to Other DKC Related Games